Desert Channels Queensland, along with 56 regional bodies Australia-wide, was founded on a Commonwealth initiative that established community groups to deliver natural resource management (NRM) regionally.
Since its inception in 2002, the DCQ team has delivered projects through a range of funding programs with landholders, local government schools, Landcare groups, catchment groups, traditional owners and NGOs.
As an incorporated group DCQ operates under a constitution.
Through leadership, innovation, knowledge and partnerships, responsibly manage our unique natural assests.
Sustainable landscapes; healthy communities.
Values & Associated Behaviours
- Recognition of others’ efforts and achievements
- Sharing knowledge
- Positive attitude
- Willingness to help
Integrity - (Trust, Honesty, Responsibility & Respect)
- Strive for trust
- Speak directly and hear information first hand
- Respect personal & professional confidentiality
- Deliver on commitments
- Be open and accountable
- Have courage to carry out convictions
- Verbalise your feelings with respect
- Give and accept constructive feedback
- Speak the truth
- Care for Country
- Care for people
- Being realistic with your commitments
- Consider other people’s needs
- Listen, acknowledge, check and explore (LACE)
- Honour commitments
- Quality service to community.
- Provide an open environment to explore new ideas
- Think outside the square
- Forge partnerships with forward thinking organisations and individuals.
- Provide resources and linkages to community other RBs and Govt. (effective sharing of knowledge)
- Recognise and respect local and traditional knowledge
- Build knowledge resources
- Build knowledge partnerships
- Identify and fill knowledge gaps.